Friday, September 24, 2010

Modernism via Random Pocketism

For too long, I've been stuck in the primitive world of figurative visual arts. But no longer. Today I move into the twentieth century and the purity of abstract expressionism no less.

Pocturne #861, 10:22am 27 August 2009


This photo is one of hundreds I've produced using an original technique I call Random Pocketism.  My mobile phone is left unlocked and pocketed. Throughout the day, I accidentally press the shutter and unfocused photos  are captured. This is number 861 of a series called Pocturne. Once I reach 1,000 the series will be complete and I will begin my search for a publisher. I envisage a Phaidon coffee-table art book, selling for a few hundred dollars.

3 comments:

  1. Do you also ring random people, when your phone accidentally dials and calls?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed. I often leave mysterious pocket messages on answering machines

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a double book release is indicated :-) 1,000 photos in one and 1,000 random conversations in another.

    ReplyDelete