Saturday, October 23, 2010

Plastic Bag Magic

I've spent much of the past 82 years wrestling with plastic bags, trying to open them to insert fruit and vegetables. This came to a head today when I failed to open one after 18 minutes, and I was forced to carry my groceries home balanced in my hands, while the offending bag was stuck in my back pocket. On other occasions, I've given up trying to find a way in and have used the unopened bag to wrap around my groceries. Even a trained gibbon would likely do better.

But these battles are now over. I explained my disastrous shopping expedition to a friend who swiftly opened the seemingly impenetrable bag with a deft rub of her fingers along the opening and it miraculously parted before my eyes.

With this new skill, I can hardly wait to visit the supermarket this morning.

3 comments:

  1. Why are you using plastic bags in the first place!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you teach me please? I am often rescued by store assistants and/or other customers, and have on occasion ripped bags in my incompetence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of my new skill, I hang around grocery sections of supermarkets making a big show of opening many bags. Please meet me at Coles, West Leederville for a demo.

    ReplyDelete