Friday, October 8, 2010

My War with the Cleaning Lady

I'm often told off by the cleaning lady, but the situation is becoming tenser. The current flare-up began in January 2008 when she told me to remove the office Christmas decorations, saying that they were generating too much tinsel she had to vacuum up each day.

Months later, she wrote me a note accusing me (falsely) of ripping foam from the padding of my chair, and putting it on the floor, thus creating more work for her.

The situation deteriorated further this week after I laid tinsel and baubles around a couple of desks. The cleaner removed the decorations from our desks, plus other decorations and personal effects that had been decorating our monitors and stuck them in the bin. The bin has now been emptied and the decorations are gone. So that is the end of Christmas. It is officially cancelled this year, and my festive spirit has completely evaporated.

And I hope that my cleaner nemesis has not yet discovered the internet and this blog, else her vengeance will be fearsome.

3 comments:

  1. Gosh, Lewk, I didn't know the half of it!!!

    As if it's not bad enough having one grinch, we now have two!!!

    Fret not, we still have the blow-up Santa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. George Mitchell, US envoy, Middle East peace talksOctober 9, 2010 at 1:41 AM

    Once we’ve sorted out this little Middle East spat, we can start mediatory talks between you and cleaner. With the hope of ending all conflict, bringing together both sides, and enhancing the Christmas spirit.

    p.s. It’s October, though I’m not taking the cleaners side. A dog is for life (or in your case, Cat), Christmas is for December.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should go wild and re-decorate the whole office!

    ReplyDelete