Monday, October 11, 2010

More Free Food

An interesting session on Birmingham radio BRMB recently, on scavenging free food in the Midlands. A caller mentioned a restaurant offering free entrĂ©es, but the host correctly noted that such a deal requires the diner to stay and pay for the main, rather than disappearing after wolfing down a first course. More useful were locations of fruit trees in public parks. For example Canon Hill Park in Edgbaston contains various fruits. And there's a pear tree in a park in Walsall. This got me wondering why Perth parks aren't growing useful crops. For instance instant of ornamental trees, why not a citrus where the fruit can be of some benefit?  It would be wonderful to head over to Lake Monger reserve, and come home with a basket full of lemons, truffles, magic mushrooms and quinine. And with a little more work, I can make aspirin from the bark of the willow trees.

Half a pair of pears

3 comments:

  1. Lewk, I think I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lady Gaga, I can't believe you appreciate the nonsense on my blog.

    Can I ask a favour? I'd love a signed photo please. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lewk Gaga loved you and not specifically your blog!I think you should write an ode to your fan! :)

    ReplyDelete