Thursday, January 12, 2012

Multi-tasking at the Cinema

At a Perth Festival film at the Somerville Auditorium this week, I found myself madly multi-tasking and loving it.

Being so busy, I can't afford to devote my precious minutes and seconds to just one activity. Particularly because a scheduling disaster meant that I arrived at 7.48pm, a mere twelve minutes before the film started allowing barely enough time to lay out the picnic rug, pour a glass of bubbly and present various cheeses, grapes and figs on a platter before it was time to pack up and find a deckchair. So by 8pm the film started and I was still sipping on wine, and sampling delicious grapes from my lap. And what's more, I had my iPhone playing a tennis lesson podcast quietly into my ears so when the film was free of dialogue I could switch my focus to a description of forehand technique.

It's tough being busy.

/----------------------0

Note: the symbols above were typed by my cat just now. He's possibly depicting a lump of cheese in the middle of a road.

No comments:

Post a Comment