Thursday, January 26, 2012

Heatwave - Day 3 Report

The lounge room warmed from 28 in the morning to 32 in the evening.

The fish pond is simmering away in the intense heat. When I toss ice cubes in, goldfish gather round desperately for a few seconds of cooling comfort being they resume being cooked.

An hour of tennis from 4.45pm in 39 degree heat again failed to kill me, but I did reach a state of exhaustion forcing me to adopt a new style of Statue Tennis with my feet planted to the ground in a shady corner of the court. It was satisfying when a coach came over later and said that all tennis lessons had been cancelled due to their extreme heat policy.

A third column of ants has penetrated the building. Their searches for the iced tea supplies are relentless but they will not vanquish me.

Wembley's Death Valley Theme Park nears opening. A few more cacti in my backyard and we'll be ready for business, and the coach tours will start passing through to experience the furnace-like conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment