Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Heatwave - Day 2 Report

My lounge room is now at 29 degrees, up from 26 degrees this morning.

All plants are still alive, although the third snapdragon flower is looking wilty and scorchy.

Cats are still mobile and lively.

Laughing in the face of the inferno, I played an hour of tennis at 4.30pm. A serious case of beetroot-head meant an early stop and a race to the beach for a cooling swim.

Too long spent staring into the setting sun led to temporary blindness, so the drive home was more exciting than usual, with buses and trucks disappearing into my blind spot on occasion. Reading the speedometer was impossible so I judged my speed based on engine frequency - a technique possible after countless hours on racing video games. The cops will understand if I happen to have passed through any speed cameras.

The backyard ice sculptures still survive proudly on the back lawn, but they are starting to perspire.

No comments:

Post a Comment