Friday, January 27, 2012

Heatwave - Day 4 Report

The lounge's morning temperature of 30 degrees rose to nearly 33 degrees by 5pm. This is the well-insulated part of the house and I suspect the roofspace is now full of air hotter than sun's corona. So even after the windows are opened up to let in the afternoon sea-breeze, a heat source above the ceiling is sabotaging my cooling efforts.

Note: spider plants can't swim. 
The first garden fatality is confirmed. A spider plant has drowned from over-watering. Although technically my fault, I still blame the heatwave for instilling a paranoia that has led to this regrettable incident in which my plant was left floating in a pot of water for four days.

Last night's rain cooled the air so rapidly it fell from 36 degrees to 29 degrees in one joyous minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment