Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Serve of Tennis

Having recently been playing tennis almost daily in order to avoid blogging, I thought I'd list a few of different types of serve I often try. Since nobody is able to teach me how to do a standard topspinner, I've resorted to a mixture of the following, hoping to confuse my opponent.

My serve can be girly. So is my skirt.
1. Slice - put side-spin on the ball so that it veers off to the left


2. Dropshot - this is sometimes regarded as unsportsmanlike conduct, but if it wins the point, I'll take it


3. Lob - strangely enough, I've never seen anyone else serve a lob


4. Reverse slice - it's awkward to hit, but if you brush over the back of the ball from right to left, it swerves to the right. It's tricky to control though


5. Lollypop - my second serve is incredibly weak and slow. Sometimes I use it for a first serve to shock people.


6. Flat - when I'm in form, this can be scary fast. But this only happens once every decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment