Saturday, March 5, 2011

Modern Dessert

Remember when immaculate presentation was expected at a restaurant. How things have changed. This mess is the chocolate fondant cake I received from a winery in the Swan Valley recently. Apparently they'd run out of dishes and instead found a slate tile and dropped my food onto it from a great height. I'm not critical of this new style - it suits the busy and messy chef who no longer needs to feel shame when they randomly scatter ingredients all over the place. I take this a step further and spread food over much of my kitchen when I'm in action.

3 comments:

  1. Watching a recent TV programme, a chef surveyed people with cordon bur versus supermarket bought processed Scotch Eggs. Which won ... the cheaper processed Scotch Eggs !!! And looking at them, I would have gone the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wth is 'cordon bur'?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cordon bleu, not bur (fingers in a muddle, or is that brain). Meaning cooking of the highest class. Having seen the result, bur was a good descriptive.

    ReplyDelete