Saturday, February 12, 2011

Multicoloured Councillors Part II - Eye of Sauron

When I drove past the council building again on my way out of town, the rainbow colours had gone, replaced by a menacing red, orange and yellow Eye of Sauron. The deafening roar of flames hit me, and a menacing low hum continuously emanated from the centre of the eye. The jovial mood of people on the streets earlier was replaced by groups of blank-eyed drones being drawn toward the eye, crossing the street without regard for oncoming cars, staring unblinking at the eye on the building. I felt myself wanting to get closer and the noise of flames and the drone was overwhelming, but suddenly Kylie came on the car radio and I snapped out of it, and sped away to home and a cool ginger beer.






No comments:

Post a Comment