Saturday, February 19, 2011

Final Watch Thoughts

Getting excited about the latest Casio Pathfinder watches, I've found the mother of them all, the PAW2000. How have I survived thus far without knowing precise sunset times, and barometric pressure, and a compass?

As noted in this watch blog, the major functions are:

- Time (12 and 24 hour modes)
- Perpetual calendar
- Sunrise and sunset times
- Stopwatch
- Countdown timer
- World time function
- Alarm
- Compass
- Altimeter
- Barometer
- Thermometer
- Solar (light) powered quartz movement
- Kept accurate by receiving signals from and of 6 atomic clocks (around the world)
- Battery power reserve indicator


This watch never needs a battery change because a few hours of sunshine will recharge it for six months or so.

However, right in the midst of my fortnight-long watch search frenzy, I visited someone today who out of the blue announced that she'd won a prize from the Reader's Digest Sweepstakes, and that prize was a classy Citizen watch which she has now donated to my wrist ! My search is over.

1 comment:

  1. All those functions, but not the one most important to you ..... a jellyfish repellent.

    ReplyDelete