Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Things I Hate #20 (and Things I Love #1)

Walking through a busy car park, I often find vehicles following me, hoping I'll lead them to my soon-to-be-vacant spot. This can be irritating and I don't like to be pressured, so in order to turn this from my pet hat #20 into something fun I play with them. If someone is close behind me, my favourite trick is to walk a few metres past my car then pretend to realise I've gone too far and do a u-turn. The trailing car has likely now gone too far to get into my spot and may need to reverse or quickly drive all the way around the aisle again. Or a car behind it may get the spot. Ha !

An artist's depiction of me as Morph, leading a car astray.
Another technique is to make it totally unclear where I'm heading. Walking purposefully along one aisle then suddenly nipping through to another aisle at the last moment is very enjoyable.

Try these techniques yourself. You'll be pleased at how much anguish you can cause.

4 comments:

  1. I particularly like the walking purposefully along one aisle strategy, and then ducking somewhere else at the last minute. Great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that was you, leading me on a wild goose chase in my Landcruiser last Thursday. Thanks to your peripatetic campaign, I missed my massage appointment, and there wasn't another vacancy for a month. Shame on you, Mr Lewk, shame on you.

    ReplyDelete