Thursday, October 13, 2011

Favourite Poddies

Here be my current favourite podcasts, ones I can't bear to miss.

1. Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo's Film Reviews. I prefer their bickering about movies rather than their endless interviews of actors and directors.

2. Dr Karl on JJJ's . I've been listening to his science phone-in for almost twenty years, and much of my science knowledge is based on misremembering Dr Karl's explanations of various complicated concepts.

3. Freakonomics - hosted by one gregarious and garrulous economist, and another more learned but laconic economist. Their topics stray far and wide into sociology, consumer behaviour, psychology, criminology, marketing and burgers.

4. BBC Friday Night Comedy - especially the News Quiz

5. Ricky Gervais - everything he does is entertaining, but I prefer listening to his three-way discussions involving Stephen Merchant and Karl Pilkington.

No comments:

Post a Comment