Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Coruscating Raininess

An amazing sight as I drove home on Monday. As the sun was setting, a band of rainclouds was moving in from the coast. So there were shimmering sheets and ribbons of rain falling, illuminated by the orange glow of the low sun. I needed to find a high vantage point to take a photo but in peak hour traffic I couldn't travel too far. The rain was only moments from hitting me so I only managed to take this one shot, and it doesn't really convey the sight as I experienced it, but it's better than nothing. Within about 90 seconds the rain you can at the end of this street had reached me and any chance of decent photos was gone.

Weird marks are either reflections on my car windscreen or alien force-fields. Not sure which.

No comments:

Post a Comment