Saturday, October 27, 2012

Spidery Horror Story

Queuing at Hungry Jacks drive-thru on Friday, I eventually reached the window and the lights lit up this enormous man-eating huntsman spider, sitting on my dashboard, waiting to pounce on my French fries or run off with my veggie burger. Deciding to stay calm rather than abandoning the vehicle, I calmy drove off after collecting my order, with the spider right there in front of me. But when I left the well-lit Scarborough Beach Road, the spider disappeared into the darkness. It was still crawling around and I caught glimpses of it when I emerged into light again but every time I cornered, it moved and then it was gone.



Feeling something tickling my foot (I was driving barefoot), I had to focus on not giving into my urge to shake my foot and instead keep driving steadlily. And after the longest 2km drive of my life, I made it home. I ran inside and found a torch and searched for the beast. It emerged again on my steering wheel and I brushed it off and out of the car, to live out the rest of its life quietly in my front garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment