Monday, September 10, 2012

Scaring a Thief

Have you ever come face-to-face with a thief?

Looking for parking Friday lunchtime I went past a scruffy thirtysomething dude crouched down beside a student's car, fiddling with its lock. He was startled to see me and froze. I had now driven past and had to decide what to do. My first priority was to stop him, so I backed up my car to face him again so that he'd know he was busted. But he looked unpredictable and scary so I didn't linger too long. Instead I sped off to find a security guard who had been in a nearby car park minutes earlier. As I left I saw the thief jump into his car and take off. But the guard had vanished and so I called security who weren't terribly interested. If only I'd had my judo costume with me, I could have wrestled the guy to the ground and immobilised him.

No comments:

Post a Comment