Thursday, May 9, 2013

My Addiction

Candy Crush is a drug. This puzzle game is so cleverly designed that it's sucked me into its little lolly world, as I progress from level to level. My time for photography and reading books has evaporated as every waking moment is spent obsessing over this.

Although it's a free game for smartphones, when you run out of lives you need to wait for another, or else you buy another. But once you're addicted you can't wait that 15 minutes for the next life, and so  you put the clock on your phone forward by 15 minutes. I've done this again and again and now my phone thinks it's mid-July. My life is now completely messed up - birthday reminders pop up months early, and my phone tells me to put the bin out on the wrong day. If only I had the strength to uninstall the game...

No comments:

Post a Comment