Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Hidden Web of Blogging

Have you ever googled a topic, and then continued looking at search results past page 1, past page 10, even beyond the seventh "o" in Goooooooooogle? You'll reach the rarely sighted world of obscure personal blogs. In this undiscovered land are teenagers listing their favourite shopping malls, or the diary of someone with an illness, or primary school kids such as Connor::

Personal blog


  
Hi my name is Connor, I have three sisters and one brother and their names are Kylie, Charrisa, Mollee and Jesse. I have a bird named Bob and a cat named Oscar. My favourite sweet is fruit and nut chocolate it is the best. My favourite instrument is the drums. My favourite sport is Aussie rules football.

It's populated by people doing regular stuff day after day, but wanting to publish their experiences and thoughts to give meaning to their lives.

Is there some way that we can ban this, and force people to revert to old-fashioned real diaries? It's seriously diluting the quality of the web, and diminishing my browsing experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment