Sunday, July 8, 2012

Don't Become a Codger

Having reached a venerable age I'm on alert for signs that I'm becoming a codger. Not succumbing to the temptation to start old-person grunting (details) is positive, but I still have cause for concern - a few years ago I started drinking tea after never showing no interest before. And now I even look forward to a cuppa every few hours.

I did go through a phase of attempting the daily crossword too, but stopped myself before it became a habit.

Me in a few years in my codger hat
And today I was tempted to turn on a heater for warmth. Most winters I survive in shorts and t-shirt and have no need for heating but with a chill wind gusting through the house this morning, I nearly gave in. Luckily I put on a pair of socks instead, but soon I'll find myself under a nana blanket, and then my transformation from boy to twit to old codger will be complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment