Friday, June 29, 2012

My Top Ten Numbers

Counting down in reverse order, here are my favourite single digit numbers.

10. In last spot is number seven. I've disliked odd numbers since primary school, and seven was the worst of the worst. Is there a repressed bad memory that hypnotherapy can reveal? Was I humiliated by failing my seven times table? Or did I impale myself on a spiky number seven wooden block?


9. One bores me. It looks like a plain twig, 


8. Nine sounds like the German word for "no" so has negative connotations for me. 


7. Four is too common. It's a square number, predictable and uninteresting. 


6. Three sounds pleasant when said but the actual number makes me think of the lamest party ever. 


5. Two is neat and romantic but more importantly is the number of Twix's in a packet. 


4. Six is special. It sounds jazzy, like a sax, and sexy, and is underrated like socks.


3. Five - I forgive its oddness because it's half of ten, a crucial number in the decimal system. The word is short and snappy and decisive. High five !


2. Zero. It reminds me of Coke, and it looks like a doughnut. Mmmmmm.

And my favourite:


1. EightThe spelling is unusual and the shape is pleasing and curvy.

No comments:

Post a Comment