Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Rose-Tinted Sunnies

Are you aware of the existence of mood-altering sunglasses? Once I went snorkelling and jumped into the ocean with my sunnies still resting on my head. They floated off never to be seen again and being in a remote town, the only replacements on sale were cheapies from the general store. And they had a magical effect due to their tan tinge. Put them on and you stepped back in time to the 1970s, with that faded yellowed look of old photos. They may have not protected me from UV rays, and may lead to future cataracts, but the weirdness of the visual experience was more than worth it.

Taking a step further, should any psychologists be reading this, I suggest running an experiment to measure the effect of various tints on mood. It's my hypothesis that a significant change will be seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment