Saturday, May 26, 2012

Portion Sizes

Another aspect of the value for money and portion size debate is the ability to reach the dessert course. Touring the US last year, I only ever got there once in dozens of attempts. The outrageously oversized entrees and mains at reasonable prices completely filled me and put paid to my sweet ambitions. This applied not only to typical American diners and cafés, but also Italian, Chinese and Indian restaurants. The very classiest and priciest establishments did offer a glimmer of hope by not completely filling their plates, but compared to their Australian equivalents were still uncomfortably generous.

My ideal meal would be small enough to leave me wanting more, not leaving bent over, groaning with fullness. Or maybe I need to grow a large tummy?

No comments:

Post a Comment