Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Getting my vaccination

I'm now officially immune from COVID 19. Okay, technically I've only had my first jab, but still, it's a wonderful feeling to know I'm on the path to the other side (and I don't mean dying).

A few weeks ago, I happened to be browsing the state government's vaccination website, and found that the online bookings page was now open for business. I knew it was due to be launched the following day, but it seems that they went live early. So I excitedly booked myself in for a few days later, for the earliest slot at the Claremont showgrounds mass vaccination site. That explains the lack of people in this snap:

 

I went into my little cubicle with the nurse, had a little chat and it was over in no time. Then I immediately booked my second jab for 10 weeks later, and sat around for 15 minutes to make sure there was no immediate reaction to my injection. I was offered a free fruit juice or bottle of water, and then was on my way.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment