Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Changing of the Supermarket Seasons


As I've noted before, it's easy to tell the season by noting what's on offer from the supermarket. From November till year's end, there are Christmassy mince pies and plum puddings. After stocking up on $1 sale puddings, I finished my last one three weeks ago, just as we reached Easter. By then we were deep into the season of hot cross buns and chocolate eggs. And now that the egg supply has been decimated and only a few crumbs remain, it's the season of Anzac biscuits, succulently chewy and perfect for tea dipping. But now we reach the empty season. There's a clear gap between now and Christmas that's in need of filling with some seasonal fare. It's such a long wait for my next mince pie, I don't know if I can survive that long.


No comments:

Post a Comment