Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Living Sans iPhone

Since losing my iPhone last week, my quality of life has plummeted by over 20%. I can no longer sit in my lounge room and know in which direction the International Space Station is flying over my head. I can't be watching a tv show and see a familiar actor and work out where I've seen them before. I can't play chess whenever I want. I can't listen to podcasts while gardening, or check the weather every 30 seconds. I now have gaps in my schedule that can't be filled since I've now lost the ability to amuse myself. If I get desperate I'll pick up a book or find a radio to listen to, but my fingers are itchy, wanting to fiddle with a smartphone that is no more.

It's a sad tale, but there's a happy ending. Father Christmas is likely to reward me with a replacement phone if I behave for the next two weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment