Thursday, February 9, 2012

Habitual Commuting

Do you ever arrive somewhere with no memory of how you got there? Today I found myself at work again, for the 4,105th time. But why? My last recollection was sitting in my kitchen finishing a puzzle in the newspaper, then playing Words with Friends, taking a sip of tea and next like an automaton I assumed I headed into my car and made my way to my place of work. I could have instead been playing tennis, bodysurfed in the ocean, finished writing my long awaited third autobiographical volume (covering ages 14-15, the wilderness years), seen a movie, or waged battle with the ant hordes who are excavating cavern underneath my paving for nefarious purposes. But no. Instead I turned up at work.

Maybe tomorrow the unexpected will happen?

No comments:

Post a Comment