Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Skipping versus Doughnutting

Having access to a box of doughnuts this week, my temptation overcame my willpower and I had no choice but to eat three of them. We also have a skipping rope in the office, and I was curious to know how many skips I would need to burn off the calories from these doughnuts. Assuming a glazed doughnut has 200 calories, and a skip burns 0.1 calorie, I'd need to get through an astounding 6,000 skips before my guilt is gone. At one skip a second, that would take a solid hour of agony.

10 comments:

  1. Alternatively, sleeping uses about 55 calories per hour, so you could sleep for 10 - 11 hours instead :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps the effort of eating uses calories. Would that work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Help me to lose weight, KA.

    ReplyDelete
  4. KA, Anonymous is Rob aka "Bubbles"

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's not me, it's Sandra!
    She eats too much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh well, I weigh much less than you Bubbles...

    ReplyDelete
  7. To settle this, we'll have a public weighing in the office tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. And so you should! Little people don't weigh very much.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Says the man who is little in height too....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lewk, not only have you opened your box of doughnuts, but you've also opened a can of worms !!!

    ReplyDelete