Friday, December 3, 2010

Happy 124th

Today this blog celebrates its 124th post. I would have commemorated the 100th if I'd remembered but I was too busy watching tv. Anyway, for this special celebration I will tell you the story of my new fridge.

On Wednesday morning I awoke to hear a buzzing and swishing noise booming from the kitchen reminiscent of a Chinook helicopter taking off in a storm. After checking that there was no Air Force activity in Wembley I worked out that the fridge motor was dying and that instead of freezing my food it was deafening it, which is not a known method of preserving food. So a new fridge was bought from Hardly Normal Superstore, and the salesman promised delivery "before 10am tomorrow". Tomorrow eventually arrived, and the delivery guy rang with the entirely unexpected news that he'd be delivering it between 10am and 1pm. By now I'd emptied the food onto the kitchen table in the heat. Knowing it would go bad shortly I had no option but to start eating as much of it as I could. In a race against time, I got through half a packet of veggie hot-dogs and half a kilo of salmon patties.

The new fridge arrived and the delivery guy managed to topple it over onto its side, crushing his foot and badly denting the top corner. He went off for medical attention (with his partner laughing continuously and offering no sympathy) and a replacement fridge was ordered. So I waited for another five hours, eating more and more food until the new new fridge turned up and normal refrigeration resumed.  In all, a successful day both in terms of calories consumed and in the excitement of viewing a real-life workplace accident.

5 comments:

  1. Like the story, but can you explain 'Happy 107th', 'this blog celebrates its 124th post'. Is it 107th day, but 124 entries ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Lewk's Photos on 124 blog entries! Here's hoping for many more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Union of Proof Reading CatsDecember 4, 2010 at 9:32 PM

    Reinstate the Cat, for whom you are struggling without.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your picture Lewk! The crushed delivery guy is so real.

    ReplyDelete
  5. And in reality he did actually have no pants, as in the photo !

    ReplyDelete